Ebook Reader - Amazon Kindle for PC
The Amazon Kindle has been a runaway success, thank you Oprah say Amazon !
Amazon's share price rocketed 14% after trading yesterday when it reported $199 million net profit. They said the Kindle ebook reader was now its "number one best-selling item both in unit sales and dollars" - it has also just launched the Kindle Ebook Reader in the UK and is making a free application available for PCs.
Microsoft has no plans to develop its own device so Amazon are onto another winner.
Some facts about the Amazon Kindle for PC .
- The application will be a free download
- It will launch in November
- Kindle for PC is for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Windows 7 version will have extra features, such as finger swipes etc..
- All the Kindle books will be available - that's 360,000 titles
- You'll be able to transfer previous purchases without paying again.
- You won't lose your place if you switch from PC to Kindle or iPhone.
- Kindle notes or highlights will be synchronized.
- Kindle for PC will let you choose font size and select the number of words to appear on each line
- Best-sellers will cost $9.99 to download - nice profit margin ! So buy shares in Amazon !
See also : Onyx Ebook Reader